Before a place can be offered the applicant will be asked to visit the school to be assessed. These assessments vary according to the age of the child. This will involve spending some time at the school and/or in the class he or she will be placed in and may give your child the opportunity to have a taste of school life at a Kings’ School.
Successful applicants will be notified by phone that a place has been offered and this will be followed up via a letter. The offer is valid for 10 days from receipt. In all cases the parent or guardian will be notified of the outcome of the assessment by telephone.
- Each applicant must have the necessary academic qualifications, fulfil the Schools’ admissions criteria and pass the Schools’ assessment process
- FS1 and FS2: play based observational assessments (we look at communication, interaction and the ability to follow instructions)
- Years 1-9: a written task
- Years 3-9: computer based Cognitive Ability Test for Years 3-9. Each online test is appropriate to the age of the child and will take between one and two hours.
- FS and years 1-2: informal time in school for an observation if the child is already in Dubai
- Secondary students: also considered in line with the constraints of the GCSE and A level courses and examinations schedules
For more information please review our Admissions Policy