Before a place can be offered the applicant will be asked to visit the school to be assessed. These assessments vary according to the age of the child.
Successful applicants will be notified by phone that a place has been offered and this will be followed up via a letter. The offer is valid for 10 days from receipt. In all cases the parent or guardian will be notified of the outcome of the assessment by telephone.
- Each applicant must have the necessary academic qualifications, fulfil the Schools’ admissions criteria and pass the Schools’ assessment process
- FS1 and FS2: play based observational assessments (we look at communication, interaction and the ability to follow instructions)
- Years 1-2, one to one teacher led assessments are conducted
- Years 3-10: computer based Cognitive Ability Test (CAT) and a written task. Each online test is appropriate to the age of the child and will take approximately two hours.
- Years 10-13 considered in line with the constraints of the GCSE and A level courses and examinations schedules.
For more information please review our Admissions Policy