- Students are expected to achieve a minimum of six C grades or above in full course linear GCSEs, with a minimum grade C or grade 5 in Mathematics and English. An A or A* in the subject they are choosing to study at A-Level is preferred.
- In the numeric grading system, students are required to achieve a minimum of 6 GCSEs at grade 5 or higher, with a grade 7, 8, or 9 being preferred in the subjects they are choosing to study at A-Level.
- An A or A* under the lettered grading model at GCSE or IGCSE, or a grade 7, 8, or 9 in the numeric grading system, should be achieved in a closely related subject when a subject has not been studied at GCSE.
- External applicant will also be required to sit assessments.
- For subject specific requirements please review the Subject Course Guide 2019/2020.
Applications to Kings’ Sixth Form are welcome throughout the year for September entry to Year 12. Completed applications are reviewed as soon as they are submitted and we will acknowledge and process applications as soon as we can.
Once all documentation has been received, selected students will have a confidential reference requested from their current school. All candidates will be called for an interview with the Head of Post-16 Studies. If successful, a conditional offer will be issued, pending GCSE results in August.